* Re: Bogofilter trouble
       [not found] ` <4n65m5m65m.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
@ 2003-07-19 20:09   ` Björn Lindström
       [not found]     ` <4nwuebwrxt.fsf@one.bwh.harvard.edu>
From: Björn Lindström @ 2003-07-19 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have modified my .gnus according to your recommendations, and it
works better, but I still wonder about two things:

When I mark a message as spam and then try to exit the group, the
spam-marked messages get #-marked, then I get this error:

gnus-summary-move-article: nntp does not support article copying

Also, I want to know how to mark a message in the spam group as non-spam.

* Re: Bogofilter trouble
       [not found]     ` <4nwuebwrxt.fsf@one.bwh.harvard.edu>
@ 2003-07-21 21:08       ` Björn Lindström
       [not found]         ` <4nadb6ts7j.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
From: Björn Lindström @ 2003-07-21 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, bkhl@privat.utfors.se wrote:
>> Also, I want to know how to mark a message in the spam group as
>> non-spam.
>
> You just mark it as deleted, read, killed, killfiled, or low-score:

This still doesn't work. If I read stuff in nnfolder:spam it stays
there when I exit.

I attach the relevant parts of my .gnus again, as it looks now.

(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
(require 'spam)

(setq gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
      '(("nnfolder:.*" (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
                        gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter)))

      ;; All messages marked as spam in these groups should go to nnfolder:spam.
      gnus-spam-process-destinations '(("nnfolder:.*" "nnfolder:spam"))

      ;; Ham found into the spambox should be moved to reclassify group.
      gnus-ham-process-destinations '(("nnfolder:spam" "nnfolder:reclassify"))

      spam-junk-mailgroups '("spam")
      spam-split-group "spam")

* Re: Bogofilter trouble
       [not found]         ` <4nadb6ts7j.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
@ 2003-07-22 17:36           ` Björn Lindström
From: Björn Lindström @ 2003-07-22 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Your original question didn't mention that issue, you just asked how
> to mark something as non-spam :)  See below.

That's right, I'm taking one issue at a time ;-)

>> (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
>> (require 'spam)
>>
>> (setq [...]
>>       spam-junk-mailgroups '("spam") [...]
>
> Note that the spam-junk-mailgroups variable is a list of strings, not
> regular expressions, so you have the group "spam" as a junk mailgroup,
> not "nnfolder:spam".  Also you may need the full name for the nnfolder
> method, I'm honestly not sure since I don't use it.  I'd customize the
> gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents variable, since it supports regular
> expressions.  The spam-junk-mailgroups variable seems to be a common
> source of confusion, and it's only used once in spam.el.  I think I'll
> remove it in the future.

Ok. After setting spam-junk-mailgroups to ("nnfolder:spam") it works better.

* Re: Bogofilter trouble
@ 2003-07-27  3:15             ` Björn Lindström
       [not found]               ` <4nfzkscjqx.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
From: Björn Lindström @ 2003-07-27  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

bkhl@privat.utfors.se (Björn Lindström) writes:

> Ok. After setting spam-junk-mailgroups to ("nnfolder:spam") it works
> better.

;; Ham found into the spambox should be moved to reclassify group.
gnus-ham-process-destinations '(("nnfolder:spam" "nnfolder:reclassify"))

Ok. This now moves stuff in the spam-group that I mark as spam to the
reclassify group. If I try to 'B q' it in the reclassify group,
however, it is still considered spam.

* Re: Bogofilter trouble
       [not found]               ` <4nfzkscjqx.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
@ 2003-07-27 13:20                 ` Björn Lindström
       [not found]                   ` <4n1xw9teqk.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu>
From: Björn Lindström @ 2003-07-27 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> Try manually unregistering as ham (-S) and then registering as ham
> (-n), and see if that affects the bogofilter opinion of that article.
> If it does, there's a problem with the bogofilter ham processor we
> need to check further.  If it doesn't, there's a problem with
> bogofilter itself that I can't really answer.

I ran reclassify through bogofilter -n, and now it goes to the right
place if I respool it.

* Re: Bogofilter trouble
       [not found]                     ` <87fzkomx2l.fsf@lucien.dreaming>
@ 2003-07-31  2:36                       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-07-31  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, bkhl@elektrubadur.se wrote:
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> a) if you get the debug statement invoked (type `c' to continue
>> when that happens);
>
> Nope.

I had forgotten about spam-process-ham-in-spam-groups and
spam-process-ham-in-nonham-groups; one of them needed to be enabled
for ham to be processed in a spam group.  They are recent additions
that are not in the manual yet.

Ted