* Re: My anti-spam measures no long work :(
       [not found] <plop87fz1f52v8.fsf@gnu-rox.org>
@ 2005-02-08 19:27 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-02-08 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:

> Dunno since when it occurs, but I no longer have the spam mark on
> my spam groups and thus I can't respool ham from spam groups.
>
> The weird thing is that, spam-split still continues to feed my
> spam groups with UCE messages and in nntp groups, the spam mark
> is correctly set to show me which are spam or not.

Your spam groups' content parameters are no longer correct, I think.

Check (gnus-parameter-spam-contents "your group here") to see exactly
what Gnus believes.

Ted

* Re: My anti-spam measures no long work :(
@ 2005-02-09  7:41   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-09  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  8 fév 2005, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:
>
> > Dunno since when it occurs, but I no longer have the spam
> > mark on my spam groups and thus I can't respool ham from spam
> > groups.
> >
> > The weird thing is that, spam-split still continues to feed
> > my spam groups with UCE messages and in nntp groups, the spam
> > mark is correctly set to show me which are spam or not.
>
> Your spam groups' content parameters are no longer correct, I
> think.
>
> Check (gnus-parameter-spam-contents "your group here") to see
> exactly what Gnus believes.

Hum, you are right. Gnus believes it is ham group...

But how is this possible ? Why `spam-split-group' value is not
meant to be automatically classified as a spam content group ?

What should I check to fix my problem ?

Thank you Ted.
--
  "GNU is my religion"

.O.  Xavier Maillard
..O   Reims - France
OOO  +33 6 68 04 64 37

* Re: My anti-spam measures no long work :(
@ 2005-02-10 18:19     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-02-10 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:

> Hum, you are right. Gnus believes it is ham group...
>
> But how is this possible ? Why `spam-split-group' value is not
> meant to be automatically classified as a spam content group ?
>
> What should I check to fix my problem ?

Gnus has a bunch of ways to set parameters these days.  Best thing you
can do is "grep ham *.el" and see if it's set by your code.  If not,
grep the newsrc.eld file.  You can always override the classification
with `G c' because group-local settings have priority over all other
settings.

spam-split-group should be automatically set to be a spam group by
name, unless you overrode spam-junk-mailgroups.

Ted

* [SOLVED] (was: My anti-spam measures no long work :()
@ 2005-02-13  2:24       ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-13  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 fév 2005, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:
>
> > Hum, you are right. Gnus believes it is ham group...
> >
> > But how is this possible ? Why `spam-split-group' value is
> > not meant to be automatically classified as a spam content
> > group ?
> >
> > What should I check to fix my problem ?
>
> Gnus has a bunch of ways to set parameters these days. Best
> thing you can do is "grep ham *.el" and see if it's set by your
> code. If not, grep the newsrc.eld file. You can always override
> the classification with `G c' because group-local settings have
> priority over all other settings.
>
> spam-split-group should be automatically set to be a spam group
> by name, unless you overrode spam-junk-mailgroups.

My `spam-junk-mailgroups' is nil.

In fact I think I found what the problem was.

I use gnus-parameters to tell Gnus groups matching ".*" are ham
groups and set spam groups with something else (see my question
on ding mailing list).

Regardss
--
Hacker Wonderland      Xavier Maillard| "Stand Back! I'm a programmer!"
.0.                 zedek@gnu-rox.orgz|