* Re: NNTP spam filtering
       [not found] <87lldr3vei.fsf@lucien.dreaming>
@ 2004-10-28 17:54 ` Ted Zlatanov
       [not found]   ` <plop877jpa1rxi.fsf@gnu-rox.org>
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-10-28 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, bkhl@elektrubadur.se wrote:

> So, I'm wondering what I can do on the client side to "filter"
> spam in news read from NNTP servers. Are there any tools out there for
> that, that are friendly with Gnus?

The latest spam.el releases have spam autodetection that works with
NNTP.  Basically when you enter a group (any group - it works with
other backends too) the spam-autodetect spam checks will be done and
articles that get flagged will get the spam mark.  The exit-time
processing is same as usual, except that articles will never be moved,
only copied out.

I use this a LOT with Gmane groups, which have their own special spam
check, and it's made my life a lot easier.  emacs-devel, especially,
gets way too much spam to be useful without this filtering.

Ted

* Re: NNTP spam filtering
@ 2004-10-28 18:46   ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]   ` <plop877jpa1rxi.fsf@gnu-rox.org>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-10-28 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 28 2004, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I use this a LOT with Gmane groups, which have their own special spam
> check, and it's made my life a lot easier.  emacs-devel, especially,
> gets way too much spam to be useful without this filtering.

I don't see spam in gmane.emacs.devel since I filter on
gmane.spam.detected using leafnode.  This should work for Gnus:

,----
| (("xref"
|   ("gmane.spam.detected" -1000 nil s))
|  (mark-and-expunge -900))
`----

Is there a special reason why you don't filter in this way?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: NNTP spam filtering
       [not found]         ` <v9r7ncnrnn.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2004-11-02 18:23           ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-11-02 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004, reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc wrote:

> I would like to see more example configurations in the Gnus manual
> instead of posting them or putting it on emacswiki.

I'll gladly take contributions and add them to the manual.  I'd rather
have N diverse real-world examples (of which I can obviously provide
just one) than M made-up examples from me, therefore I need to get
people's configurations in order to put them in the manual.

Ted