  • * Re: How to combine spam-split with Subject filtering.
           [not found] <86zmzeqwcs.fsf@mat.ucm.es>
           [not found] ` <m2r7kqggr7.fsf@Stella-Blue.local>
    @ 2005-02-08 19:24 ` Ted Zlatanov
    From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-02-08 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, oub@mat.ucm.es wrote:

    > Finally I got my BBDB and spam-stat based spam filtering to work for
    > my imap server. Now my university provides finally its own spam
    > filter, which add to possible spam at the beginning of the Subject the
    > phrase:
    > [SPAM POSIBLE:]
    >
    > So I would like to take care of this in the splitting process, and
    > split every mail with this subject into a different imap folder so I
    > thought the following setting should work:
    > (setq
    >  nnimap-split-rule  'nnimap-split-fancy
    >  nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
    >  nnimap-split-fancy
    >  '(|
    >    ("Subject" "[POSIBLE SPAM]:" "SPAM.POSS")
    >    (: setq spam-use-BBDB-exclusive nil)
    >    (: spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB 'spam-use-stat "SPAM.REAL")
    >    (: setq spam-use-BBDB-exclusive t fake-variable nil)
    >    (: spam-split 'spam-use-BBDB "SPAM.HAM")
    >    (: setq spam-use-BBDB-exclusive nil)
    >    "MAILBOX"))
    >
    > it did not however. What do I miss.

    You could use spam-use-regex-headers.  Add an entry to the
    spam-regex-headers-spam list to match your subject.  The check will be
    done against the headers as a whole using re-search-forward so just
    escape the brackets appropriately.

    It would be nice if in addition to "Subject" we had "Subject+raw" as
    an alternative in case the user wants an exact match without regular
    expressions (ditto for all the other special headers that can be used,
    e.g. "From+raw").  Then "[POSSIBLE SPAM]" would just match, without
    the confusion about regex escaping and word boundaries.

    Ted