* Don't connect to news server at startup?
@ 2005-07-05 13:26 lance
From: lance @ 2005-07-05 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey,

How do I tell gnus not to connect to news server at startup.
I only want to check for new articles if I press the spacebar
but press M-c.

I put

;(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups 'no)

in my .gnus file but this didn't seem to help.

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

          The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and
                          governments to gain ground.
                                       -
                                Thomas Jefferson