* gnus pop destination folder
@ 2012-04-09 13:18 Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-04-09 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

hello list,

I have a mail source defined for pop account like this.

,----
| (setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.uni"
|                           :user "me")))
`----

Gnus fetching mails from the server and storing in "~/Mail/mail/misc". I would
like Gnus to store them to a folder named "~/Mail/uni" or "~/Mail/mail/uni"
since I intend to add another pop account (hotmail).

Another not so related question., does hotmail support IMAP.?

Thanks.,

PS: earlier mail didn't reach the list., sending it again.

--
YYR

* Re: gnus pop destination folder
@ 2012-04-17 13:01 ` Carson Chittom
From: Carson Chittom @ 2012-04-17 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Another not so related question., does hotmail support IMAP.?

No, they're POP3 only.

* Re: gnus pop destination folder
       [not found]   ` <mailman.888.1334048522.20052.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-04-10 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yagnesh raghava; +Cc: info-gnus-english

yagnesh raghava <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Another question, Manual says there is native movemail comes with GNU
> Emacs, but I cant seem to find it.

If you have the Emacs sources, it's under lib-src.

* Re: gnus pop destination folder
       [not found] <mailman.809.1333971232.20052.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2012-04-10 18:14 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-04-10 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yagnesh; +Cc: info-gnus-english

yagnesh <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Gnus fetching mails from the server and storing in "~/Mail/mail/misc". I would
> like Gnus to store them to a folder named "~/Mail/uni" or "~/Mail/mail/uni"
> since I intend to add another pop account (hotmail).

Gnus fetches the mail sequentially, and splits after each source it
fetches.  So you don't need to specify anything here.

* Re: gnus pop destination folder
@ 2012-04-10  9:01   ` yagnesh raghava
       [not found]   ` <mailman.888.1334048522.20052.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: yagnesh raghava @ 2012-04-10  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello Christopher,

Christopher Schmidt <christopher@ch.ristopher.com> writes:

> yagnesh <yagnesh@live.com> writes:
>
>> I have a mail source defined for pop account like this.
>>
>> ,----
>> | (setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.uni"
>> |                           :user "me")))
>> `----
>>
>> Gnus fetching mails from the server and storing in "~/Mail/mail/misc". I would
>> like Gnus to store them to a folder named "~/Mail/uni" or "~/Mail/mail/uni"
>> since I intend to add another pop account (hotmail).
>
> (info "(gnus)Splitting Mail")

Thank you very much for the reply,

I am aware of existence of splitting mail functionality of gnus but thought I would
use that for secondary level splitting.

I am more of expecting/looking for a solution with movemail right now
(info "(Emacs)Movemail")

(setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.uni"
                          :user me
                          :program "movemail send this source to ~/Mail/uni")  ; <---------
                     (pop :server "pop.live"
                          :user me
                          :program "movemail send this source to ~/Mail/livemail")) ; <---------
                     )

Once this is done I would start splitting mail from those. (please correct me
if that is not the way gnus work)

@ 2012-04-09 14:01 ` Christopher Schmidt
       [not found]   ` <mailman.888.1334048522.20052.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Christopher Schmidt @ 2012-04-09 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

yagnesh <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> I have a mail source defined for pop account like this.
>
> ,----
> | (setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.uni"
> |                           :user "me")))
> `----
>
> Gnus fetching mails from the server and storing in "~/Mail/mail/misc". I would
> like Gnus to store them to a folder named "~/Mail/uni" or "~/Mail/mail/uni"
> since I intend to add another pop account (hotmail).

(info "(gnus)Splitting Mail")

        Christopher

* gnus pop destination folder
@ 2012-04-09 11:31 yagnesh