* Re: massage size limit
       [not found]   ` <m2vg51vz4k.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2002-09-20  6:48     ` Adrian Aichner
From: Adrian Aichner @ 2002-09-20  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Wu> Hi, all:
    >>
    Wu> In mozilla mail, there is a choice to limit the downloaded
    Wu> message size, such as 20KB. If it happens to larger one,
    Wu> only the head of the message will be received, then if I
    Wu> found it useful, I could continue to download the whole
    Wu> message. In this way, I could avoid to download some
    Wu> useless messages.  Is there similiar function in Gnus?
    >>
    >> Yes.  I use this feature when popping mail from work to my home or
    >> hotel room.
    >>
    >> See pop3-maximum-message-size.
    >>

    Wu> Thank you for your reply.
    Wu> I set this in my ~/.gnus:

Wu, please don't drop the newsgroup from your mails!

Other people should benefit from our discussion too!

    Wu>    (setq pop3-maximum-message-size "20k")

You cannot use "20k", use a number instead.

Use
20000
 or
(* 20 1024)
, depending on your preference.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

--
Adrian Aichner
 mailto:adrian@xemacs.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-20  6:48 UTC | newest]