* gnus-kill-file-mode vanished
@ 2013-10-10 22:22 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2013-10-10 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I had this in my .emacs and it worked great, until for
no (apparent) reason it stopped. It says there isn't any
such function, and that's true, I can't get
documentation, nor invoke it with M-x.

Gnus seems to work just fine all the same. I guess I can
use Elisp mode for kill files so it is not a big deal. I
just can't figure out how it happened? (Did I *dream*
there was such a mode?!)

(add-to-list 'magic-mode-alist
               '("; kill" . gnus-kill-file-mode))

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: gnus-kill-file-mode vanished
@ 2013-10-11  8:24 ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2013-10-11  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> (add-to-list 'magic-mode-alist
>                '("; kill" . gnus-kill-file-mode))

Try this :

(require 'gnus-load)

--
DW

* Re: gnus-kill-file-mode vanished
@ 2013-10-11 17:10   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2013-10-11 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> writes:

>> (add-to-list 'magic-mode-alist '("; kill"
>> . gnus-kill-file-mode))
>
> Try this :
>
> (require 'gnus-load)

I have

(load "gnus")

- is there a difference? - anyway, it always worked.

But, (require 'gnus-load) gives

> (file-error "Cannot open load file" "gnus-load")

What is going on? Is my file system disintegrating
before my eyes?

--

@ 2013-10-11 17:29     ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2013-10-11 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> > (require 'gnus-load)

* Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> I have

> (load "gnus")

> - is there a difference? - anyway, it always worked.

require is less heavy than load, it can avoid reading the same file
several times when it is called at several places in the code.

gnus-load is also less heavy and just loads a few entry points in Gnus
code IIRC.

I was suggesting to load Gnus in a way or another but it seems you
already have something for this.

> But, (require 'gnus-load) gives

> > (file-error "Cannot open load file" "gnus-load")

> What is going on? Is my file system disintegrating before my eyes?

Looks like a load-path problem, something has changed on your system,
maybe.

No other idea for now...

--
DW