* Re: Gnus nnimap, Multiple Machines
       [not found] <6e4rckv92z.fsf@door.stick.lan>
@ 2002-09-20 19:11 ` Dan Poirier
From: Dan Poirier @ 2002-09-20 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Richards <chrisr@sloth.yi.org> writes:

> I have two machines that use gnus and access my home nnimap server.
> Whenever I read a message from one machine and then go to the other,
> the unread count in the *Group* buffer is unchanged (i.e., it looks
> like I have new mail to read).  However, upon entering the group, all
> of the messages are shown as read ('O').

It's been like this for years, including in the latest development
version.  I finally got tired of Gnus's chronic inaccuracy in
reporting what was in my IMAP mailboxes, and switched to using
Mulberry for my email.  (http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry) I still use
Gnus for news, though.

--
Dan Poirier -- Email: my last name at pobox dot com

* Re: Gnus nnimap, Multiple Machines
@ 2002-09-20 20:15   ` Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2002-09-20 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Poirier <no_spam_please@this.domain.is.invalid> writes:
> It's been like this for years, including in the latest development
> version.

Heh.  I went poking through the nnimap.el.  I found this in the
comments:

;; Todo, major things:
;;
;;   o Fix Gnus to view correct number of unread/total articles in group buffer