* Gnus/Mailcrypt and MIME charset
@ 2007-02-01 11:33 Markus Hilpert
       [not found] ` <mailman.3900.1170391172.2155.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Markus Hilpert @ 2007-02-01 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

using Gnus (gnus-verison "No Gnus v0.6") and Mailcrypt, I always end up
with a header stating "charset=us-ascii" for encrypted messages. I
presume, the message is first encrypted and then MIME encoded. This
causes confusion with some mailreaders of my messages' recipients when
using non-ASCII-characters.

Is it possible to have the message MIME encoded before encryption? When
using vm, I do something in the line of

(add-hook 'mc-pre-encryption-hook '(lambda ()
          (if (not (vm-mail-mode-get-header-contents "MIME-Version:"))
          (vm-mime-encode-composition))))

What would be the canonical way for Gnus? Maybe I did not search very
intelligently, but I did not find an answer. Maybe I was putting the
wrong question?

Thanks for hints!
Markus

[parent not found: <20070201170519.CE9C4CA08@sycore.org>]