* IMAP and Exchange 2007
@ 2009-01-06 15:58 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2009-01-06 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

There have been numerous posts to this list regarding incompatibilities
between Gnus/IMAP when connecting to Exchange 2007.  Two of the larger
issues were:

1) Unable to retrieve large emails; the emails were simply left in the
   INBOX.  This issue affected other IMAP clients, too, such as
   Thunderbird.

2) Unable to read messages with a MIME attachment.  Instead, an
   imap-parse error would be displayed.

Both of these issues have been resolved with the latest patches for
Exchange 2007.

I have not checked whether 'imap-enable-exchange-bug-workaround' is
still required.

...Jake

--
Jake Colman
Director of Software Development

[parent not found: <mailman.9518.1206655510.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>]
* IMAP and Exchange 2007
@ 2008-03-27 21:58 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2008-03-27 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

As of two hours ago, we have moved from Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007
and now Gnus won't work.

Yes, I have found the postings that indicate that nnimap won't work with
Exchange 2007 and that it's Microsoft's fault.  Great.  But is there
anything I can do?

I googled and found a posting from Ted Zlatanov discussing "setting up
MAP mail source that Gnus uses to download new mail into a local
Maildir".  I've emailed him but maybe someone on this list (or Ted if he
sees this before he seems my email) can tell me what needs to be done?

I have well over 10 years experience with using Gnus to do my email
processing.  I really can't stand the thought of doing it any other way.

Thanks for any help.

...Jake