* Write the raw text of an article to a pipe
@ 2002-11-17 19:09 Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2002-11-17 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to write the current message out to a program. The "|" command
doesn't quite do it, because as far as I can tell, it writes the
currently *displayed* article text out, not the raw article. So it is
affected by such things as "t" (toggle headers).

The other output commands (such as "O m") seem to output the raw
header. Is there anything I can do to get this behaviour for a pipe?

I notice that gnus-original-article-buffer has the original of the
article currently being displayed - but I'm after the original of the
article selected in the summary buffer (with all the usual process
mark stuff, etc) so that's not quite what I'm after)

Thanks,
Paul

PS I've looked at the code, and I can't see what makes | act
differently from O m. I'm guessing it's something simple, but I can't
see it...
--
This signature intentionally left blank

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-11-17 19:09 UTC | newest]