* nnimap groups and "Updating Info"
@ 2005-07-23  2:46 Victor S. Miller
From: Victor S. Miller @ 2005-07-23  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently found that AOL mail now offered an IMAP server.  Thus, I
put the following in my .gnus.el:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")
	(nnimap "AOL"
		(nnimap-address "imap.aol.com")
		)
	))

When I start gnus (I'm running 5.10.6 on emacs 20.7.1 on RH Linux), I
see that there are a number of nnimap groups.  When, for example, I
try to enter the group nnimap+AOL:INBOX (the same happens with any of
them), a Message appears that saying

nnimap: Updating info for nnimap+AOL:INBOX

and it remains (I even tried letting it run overnight!).  Are there
some parameters that I need to set to get this to work?

Victor

* Re: nnimap groups and "Updating Info"
@ 2005-07-25 16:44 ` Jason Dufair
From: Jason Dufair @ 2005-07-25 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

victor@algebraic.org (Victor S. Miller) writes:

> I recently found that AOL mail now offered an IMAP server.  Thus, I
> put the following in my .gnus.el:
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnml "")
> 	(nnimap "AOL"
> 		(nnimap-address "imap.aol.com")
> 		)
> 	))
>
> When I start gnus (I'm running 5.10.6 on emacs 20.7.1 on RH Linux), I
> see that there are a number of nnimap groups.  When, for example, I
> try to enter the group nnimap+AOL:INBOX (the same happens with any of
> them), a Message appears that saying
>
> nnimap: Updating info for nnimap+AOL:INBOX

I had a similar experience with the new AOL service with the same config
in my .gnus.  I'm running No Gnus 0.4.  Perhaps AOL's IMAP compliance is
not complete.
--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/

* Re: nnimap groups and "Updating Info"
@ 2005-07-26 18:00 ` Victor S. Miller
From: Victor S. Miller @ 2005-07-26 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Victor> I recently found that AOL mail now offered an IMAP server.
Victor> Thus, I put the following in my .gnus.el:

Victor> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "") (nnimap "AOL"
Victor> (nnimap-address "imap.aol.com") ) ))

Victor> When I start gnus (I'm running 5.10.6 on emacs 20.7.1 on RH
Victor> Linux), I see that there are a number of nnimap groups.  When,
Victor> for example, I try to enter the group nnimap+AOL:INBOX (the
Victor> same happens with any of them), a Message appears that saying

Victor> nnimap: Updating info for nnimap+AOL:INBOX

Victor> and it remains (I even tried letting it run overnight!).  Are
Victor> there some parameters that I need to set to get this to work?

Victor> Victor

Here's some data.  I'm generating an imap-log.  It has a lot of stuff
when it initially connects.  Here's what I get after I try to enter
nnimap+AOL:INBOX (I aborted it with C-g after a long period of time):

29 SELECT "INBOX"
* 1 EXISTS
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 12094471] predicted next UID
* 0 RECENT
* FLAGS (\Seen \Deleted XAOL-READ XAOL-GOODCHECK-DONE XAOL-CLIENT-BULK XAOL-GOOD \Draft \Flagged \Answered $MDNSent XAOL-VOICEMAIL XAOL-BULK XAOL-PRIORITY-MAIL XAOL-BILLPAY-MAIL XAOL-OFFICIAL-MAIL XAOL-VIRUS-REPAIRED XAOL-VIRUS-NOT-SCANNED)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Seen \Deleted XAOL-GOODCHECK-DONE XAOL-CLIENT-BULK XAOL-GOOD \Draft \Flagged \Answered $MDNSent)] Permanent flags
* OK [UNSEEN 1] First unseen
29 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed