* editing group info to fix issues
@ 2010-09-18 14:00 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2010-09-18 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I did a G z on some groups to sequence the article numbers and now I
can't see any unread mail; it all turns up as read in the nmml
folder.

Is this a bug?

I believe the way to fix this is to edit the group via G E to fix the
article numbers.  But I can't find any information in the info files
on how to interpret the G E buffer and what should be changed to get
to see unread mails.

Is there any info?  For e.g.  how do I interpret this?  The sas-l
folder has files going upto 647 and I can't see new emails as it's
getting marked as read.

("sas-l" 2
 ((1 . 647))
 ((tick 1)
  (seen
   (1 . 637)
   (3558 . 3596)))
 nil
 ((total-expire . t)
  (gnus-list-identifiers "SAS-L Digest -")
  (expiry-wait . 10)))

 sivaram

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-09-18 14:00 UTC | newest]