* Re: Using git-annex to sync gnus-home-directory
       [not found] <mailman.12031.1389815243.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-15 22:00 ` Rud1ger Sch1erz
From: Rud1ger Sch1erz @ 2014-01-15 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

"Damon Haley" <dkh@member.fsf.org> writes:
[...]
> So I was just planning to make ~/Messages a git-annex repository.

Sounds very interesting. Please keep us informed.

--
Tschau
Rüdiger

Achtung, dieser Artikel ist mit sublimalen Werbeeinblendungen hinterlegt.

* Using git-annex to sync gnus-home-directory
@ 2014-01-15 19:47 Damon Haley
From: Damon Haley @ 2014-01-15 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Does anyone on this list use git-annex to sync their gnus-home-directory
between hosts?

I'm getting a new laptop soon and want to sync my current gnus-home-directory
between machines through an git-annex private cloud (similar to Dropbox).
Git-annex has the option to have all data encrypted in the cloud.

More info on git-annex can be found at:

http://git-annex.branchable.com

My settings are:
gnus-home-directory "~/Messages/Gnus/"
message-directory "~/Messages/Gnus/Mail/"

So I was just planning to make ~/Messages a git-annex repository.

Does anyone else use this technique and are there any pitfalls or caveats I
should watch out for?  Any configuration tips for git-annex or gnus with this
type of setup would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Damon