* SSL called when posting news
@ 2002-11-19 17:56 Daniel Sauve
From: Daniel Sauve @ 2002-11-19 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just moved to Oort 0.07 under Millitary Imtelligence (Windows Xemacs
21.4 (patch 10). Whenever I try to post news in gnus, gnus calls
sha1-el.el, then calls ssl.el, and promptly falls down and goes boom
when it can't find openssl.

1) Was 5.8.8 calling sha1-el.el, and I wasn't noticing?

2) I recently added nnrss groups. the proxy server for this is the
same as for my nntp, but different ports. Would a conflict here
confuse gnus into thinking it needs to call something it doesn't?

3) How do I kludge/ fix this so I CAN BLOODY POST USING gnus AGAIN?
(starts going mad, is tranqed and straight jacketed.

4) Anything questions about my setting for when I wake up?
--
Daniel, delirious
MAD, I tell you, MAAAD!

* Re: SSL called when posting news
@ 2002-11-20  1:49 ` Daniel Sauve
From: Daniel Sauve @ 2002-11-20  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

One more bit of info-- I have NOT set gnus to agentize. I just noticed
the damn thing IS agentizing. Grr.Grr.

--
Daniel
CUCKOO, I tell you!