  • * Re: IMAP server recommendation?
           [not found] <874rf0ll2f.fsf@alum.wpi.edu>
           [not found] ` <affee9d5.0207170900.19b4d5ec@posting.google.com>
    @ 2002-07-17 17:27 ` Ned Ludd
                         ` (2 more replies)
    From: Ned Ludd @ 2002-07-17 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu> writes:
    > I'm in the process of setting up a new mail server mostly for my own
    > personal use, and I'd like to use nnimap.  Can anyone suggest a good
    > IMAP server which works well with Gnus (and Linux)?
    >
    > I'd like something with SSL and Maildir support, so I was leaning
    > toward Courier...but then I thought it would be fun to play with
    > Sieve, which appears to only be supported by Cyrus -- is this true?

    I'd go with Cyrus.  I'm running it here.  The only problem with it is
    that it keeps a proprietary directory and mailbox format.  So if you
    ever want to leave it, you'll have to figure out how to get all the
    mail out.

    The sieve stuff works well (although sieve package for XEmacs is a
    little broken).

    I did not like Courier's documentation, and the roughness of the
    install and configuration.

    Ned