* summary mode cursor
@ 2002-11-12  6:01 Pranav K. Tiwari
From: Pranav K. Tiwari @ 2002-11-12  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the summary buffer, when I press <enter> to display the article, it has
a side-effect of moving the cursor to the first ":" in the summary
line. This is usually nice, because it takes the cursor jst after Re: or
Fwd: etc. But sometimes it's not desirable - I get lots of mail where ":"
is deep inside subject line.

I would like to keep the cursor at the beginning of summary line. I tried
adding 'beginning-of-line to gnus-article-prepare-hook, but that did not do
the trick.

My summary line format is set to: "%U%R%2t%4uc%I %-15,15a %-64s\n". I'm
running Oort 0.08 on Emacs 20.7.1.

Any ideas?
-p

* Re: summary mode cursor
@ 2002-11-13  7:43 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <u65v1k6xe.fsf@cisco.com>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-13  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

In recent Oort Gnusae, you can use %C in gnus-summary-line-format to
determine where the cursor should end up.

Otherwise, see the function gnus-goto-colon.

kai

* Re: summary mode cursor
       [not found]       ` <u1y5nl4rp.fsf@cisco.com>
@ 2002-11-15 11:17         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-15 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

anti-spam-pranav@cisco.com (Pranav K. Tiwari) writes:

> I tried it, and looked at the documentation when it did not work for me.

Hm.  Maybe your Oort is too old?

Does anyone know?

kai