* coding-system difficulties
@ 2002-11-13 15:21 Cyprian Laskowski
       [not found] ` <84y97x5utn.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
       [not found] ` <1mr8dps4ix.fsf@Tempo.Update.UU.SE>
From: Cyprian Laskowski @ 2002-11-13 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've never really totally understood coding-system issues.  Here's a
recurring problem:

Sometimes I get email in non-English characters: sometimes Gnus shows
a readable version, sometimes not (even though both cases sometimes
arise with the same people).  But the following little sequence lets
me read:

C-x h
M-w
C-x C-f ~/tmp/weird_mail.txt RET
C-y
C-x C-s
C-x C-v RET

I'm not sure why this behaves differently, or how to proceed properly:
but I'm sure that it's not by binding this keyboard macro to `C-f'. :)

cyp