* Re: attach file error!help me!
       [not found] ` <844r3f9pba.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>
@ 2003-06-23  6:39   ` Xiong Guanglei
From: Xiong Guanglei @ 2003-06-23  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Grojohann) writes:

> Xiong Guanglei <xgl99@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:
>
>> I can send ordinary mail,but when I try to attach a file,
>> The minibuffer always say: mml-minibuffer-read-type:
>> Symbol's function definition is void:
>> mailcap-parse-mimetypes and refuse to attach it. I want to
>> know what is the problem.
>
> It's difficult to say what might be the problem. How many
> files named mailcap.el or mailcap.elc do you have on your
> system? Can you show us the complete filenames?
>
> Also M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET, then reproduce the
> problem. The resulting backtrace might be useful.
> --
> This line is not blank.
This is the result when I attach a file:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function mailcap-parse-mimetypes)
  mailcap-parse-mimetypes()
  mml-minibuffer-read-type("/home/temp/a.c")
  (let* ((file ...) (type ...) (description ...)) (list file type description))
* call-interactively(mml-attach-file)

BTW:I have two copies of .el and .elc
They are
site-lisp/flim/mailcap.el