* Re: auto-subscribe
       [not found]   ` <yqrk7iwi906.fsf@cs.york.ac.uk>
@ 2002-11-30 17:13     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-30 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@RemoveThisBit.cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> I think Gnus 5.9 does not know how to ask the IMAP server for a list
>> of groups.  Therefore, it doesn't know whether its own list of groups
>> is up to date.
>
> I wonder if that is related to the respool command failing on IMAP
> servers too?

No, I think it's not related.

`B r' is a very nnmail-ish thing, and nnimap is not based on nnmail.
Maybe something extra needs to be done to make `B r' work on nnimap.

* Re: auto-subscribe
       [not found]     ` <84of85zcvy.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-12-01 23:37       ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-12-01 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure either.  Nnimap should return all groups to Gnus, and it
>> has done this for quite a while I think.  There is no way to list only
>> new groups.  Make sure you don't disable this (some people do, since
>> it is very slow) by frobbing `gnus-check-new-newsgroups' to e.g. nil.
>
> But isn't there a new echo area message saying something list
> `Listing subscriptions'?  I don't know for sure, but I always thought
> this appeared in recent Oorts, maybe 0.05-ish or 0.06-ish.

I checked, and it seems that it has been there since day one (at least
in Gnus CVS).  However, I have always set that variable to nil because
it is slow so I have never seen it.