* Re: Killing the archive buffer
       [not found] <d4fzo1b7zg.fsf@xpc21.ast.cam.ac.uk>
@ 2003-04-29 18:39 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <0he8gxr1j.fsf@xpc21.ast.cam.ac.uk>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-29 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Whenever I send a mail or news message with a GCC: field, the
> relevant archive file is opened in a buffer and the new message is
> appended at the end. Great. Is it possible to have the archive buffer
> be automatically killed immediately afterwards?

Maybe a one-file-per-message backend would be better for you.  nnmh
sounds promising.  It just adds a file to the directory, done.

--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

@ 2003-04-30 10:09     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-30 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Well, maybe, but that sounds a little extreme to me. I can't see a
> reason why Gnus should leave the nnfolder buffer hanging around after
> archiving to it.

Because then, it can just append the next message and save, rather
than having to open the file again anyway.

Another reason might be that nnfolder gained *.nov file support only
recently, and before that, the file had to be in a buffer anyway, to
find number of messages and the like.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)