* Re: Full removal
       [not found] <87n0hciu2i.fsf@o2.s.fr>
@ 2003-05-24 12:54 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-24 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

frederic.line@wanadoo.fr (Frédéric Liné) writes:

> in my group buffer, the following groups are declared :
>
>   [    0]    0 : nneething+~/projet:essai
>   [   14]    0 : nnml:archive
>   [    0]    * : nndir:ding.recent
>
> I 'd like to remove them from the buffer and I'd like to destroy
> any data linked with them on my hard disk. Could you help
> me a bit ?

For nneething and nndir, you have to kill the group with C-k and then
manually delete the directory or file.  These two backends are for
reading existing files or directories as a Gnus group, so that's why
the file/directory isn't deleted when you remove the group.

For other groups, `C-u G DEL' deletes the group and its contents.

> P.S. by the way, what's a ding nndir ? I can't guess.

Search for nndir in the Gnus info file.  It's a directory ding/recent.

--
This line is not blank.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-24 12:54 UTC | newest]