* Re: A couple of newbie questions
       [not found]   ` <87ademfkwe.monosilane@boppy.dyndns.org>
@ 2003-04-19 18:39     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-19 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Stevenson <paul@gleet.org.uk> writes:

> Is it not those message which are at least 7 days old and are
> expirable that are deleted?  That is, one can make a 3-week-old
> article expirable and it will be gone as soon as you leave the group,
> even though it has only just been marked expirable.

Well, err, uh, *cough*.

I think that the manual carefully avoids to say when is the time
counted, and I believe it's actually counted differently in different
backends.

One of the darker corners in Gnus.

Thanks for reminding me of that.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

* Re: A couple of newbie questions
       [not found] ` <u1xzvftom.fsf@dufair.org>
@ 2003-04-21 21:19   ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-04-21 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason Dufair <jase@dufair.org> writes:

> (from Jesper Harder's followup:)
>> Yep, hit `/ o' (gnus-summary-insert-old-articles).
>
> I'm assuming this is only available in newer versions than 5.9.0,
> right?

Oops, yes you're right.

> I checked the FAQ and it implies there is a 5.10, but all of the
> download sites seem only to be providing 5.8!  I'm not sure where to
> find 5.10 and how Oort Gnus fits into the whole picture.  Could someone
> explain?

Gnus 5.10 hasn't been released yet.  It's planned to be released Real
Soon Now (probably in May).  If you can't wait, you can get the
development version (aka Oort Gnus) at <http://gnus.org>.