* Re: Signaling: (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p Re:)
       [not found] <e22ea82d.0212021240.52f73468@posting.google.com>
@ 2002-12-03  7:50 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-03  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

sulchi@yahoo.com (Suresh) writes:

> I get the following error when entering a imap folder. It used to work
> fine and I don't remember changing anything.
> I'm using v5.8.8. Only few folders has this problem.
>
> here's the backtrace..
>
> Signaling: (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p Re:)
>   =(327 Re:)

Do you have a .overview file for that group?  It could be in
~/News/overview or one of its sub(subsub)dirs.  The subdir name gives
the group name.

I suspect that file is b0rked.  You can just delete it if that's the case.

* Re: Signaling: (wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p Re:)
@ 2002-12-04  2:59   ` Suresh
From: Suresh @ 2002-12-04  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanks!

deleting the .novcache file in the overview directory fixed the problem

Suresh