* Re: How to setup multiple imap accounts at single server
       [not found]           ` <v98ys5hst8.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2003-06-14 20:29             ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-14 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 13 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
>> I'm no less amazed, then, that it works for me.  I have this:
> [...]
>> Hm.  So I'm using the real host name after all.
>
> Maybe we should call `gnus-netrc-machine' first with `server' and, if
> that is nil with `(or nnimap-server-address nnimap-address)'?
>
> 	   (alist (or (gnus-netrc-machine list server port "imap")
> 		      (gnus-netrc-machine list
> 					  (or nnimap-server-address
> 					      nnimap-address)
> 					  port "imap")))
>
> This methods seem preferable than using several authinfo files IMHO
> (and better than introducing an additional server variable).  WDYT?

Maybe it is sufficient to just put `server' inside the or statement,
rather than calling gnus-netrc-machine twice?  It seems to be
cleaner, if it works.

>> Anyone got a convenient mouse hole somewhere?
>
> I've read your suggestion several times and you convinced me that Gnus
> obviously should behave as you described. :-)

Phew.

Anyhow, server is the server name, so the xyzzy in (nnimap "xyzzy"
...), right?  And nnimap-address is the like-named server parameter,
right?  But what is nnimap-server-address?

I believe that, given (nnimap "foo" (nnimap-address "bar") ...), Gnus
should first look for a foo entry, then for a bar entry.  Not sure if
it should also look for any other entries.

Hm.  nnimap-server-address is an obsolete variable, I just see.  So
maybe it should be looked at last?

So my proposal, without having tested anything:

    (or server nnimap-address nnimap-server-address)

--
This line is not blank.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-14 20:29 UTC | newest]