* Re: Searching for articles
       [not found] ` <m2fzt9qcrv.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2002-12-08 21:50   ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2002-12-08 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

happy@vole.com (mr.sparkle) writes:

> I use nnir with the namazu search engine and it's super!

I had a look at this at one stage, but couldn't find a setup that was
easy to setup on native Windows. I don't recall namazu though - I'll
have a look for it.

Hang on, though - doesn't nnir only work on mail? I want to search
newsgroups.

Paul
--
This signature intentionally left blank

* Re: Searching for articles
@ 2002-12-09  7:37     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-09  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Moore <gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Hang on, though - doesn't nnir only work on mail? I want to search
> newsgroups.

The default setup is made for mail, but it can be made to work with
news, too.

* Re: Searching for articles
       [not found] ` <844r9ppkgj.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-12-08 21:23   ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2002-12-08 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> M-s searches articles forward for a regexp.  So go to the first
> article in the summary buffer, then M-s.

That works (although it's slow...) The main disadvantage (for me) is
that it doesn't limit the summary buffer to the matching
articles. Someone else mentioned nnir, which may answer that need,
though...

Thanks,
Paul.

--