* Re: nnimap doesn't list any groups, can't select inbox
       [not found]   ` <7wzy96we9hb.fsf@dlsun92.us.oracle.com>
@ 2002-12-11 20:26     ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]       ` <7wzu1hk9dfx.fsf@dlsun92.us.oracle.com>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-11 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nimar Arora <nimar_arora@yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm able to subscribe to the group by typing U in the group buffer and
> providing the group name as nnimap+foo:inbox. (There was some transient
> IMAP server error earlier).  However, I can't get it to list all the groups.

Maybe the list pattern is at fault?  What happens when you omit that
entirely?

> Is there any way, I could see the IMAP communication so I can probably
> understand what is wrong.

See variables nnimap-debug, imap-debug, imap-log.  (I think the
documentation for some of these is wrong.  Use a buffer name (three
different buffer names!) as value for all three.)

@ 2002-12-12 11:27         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-12 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nimar Arora <nimar_arora@yahoo.com> writes:

> And it can see the top-level folders. However, this doesn't show me the
> subfolders, % doesn't match the hierarchy delimiter. Since I want to see
> the subfolders, is there any way to prevent gnus from appending %
> to whatever list pattern I give it?

I didn't mean to set the pattern to "", I meant to completely omit it
from the server definition.  So remove the whole (nnimap-list-pattern
...) stanza.  Does that help?

(Or is removing the stanza the same as setting the list pattern to
"", the empty string?  I don't know, I never set the list pattern.)

@ 2003-01-05  1:31         ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-01-05  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nimar Arora <nimar_arora@yahoo.com> writes:

> With the list pattern set to "*" gnus was executing the following IMAP
> command and got back nothing.
>
> 1407 LIST "" "*%"

I think the server should have.  Do you know which server it is?

> When I set the list pattern to "" it executed the following command:
> 1417 LIST "" "%"
>
> And it can see the top-level folders. However, this doesn't show me the
> subfolders, % doesn't match the hierarchy delimiter. Since I want to see
> the subfolders, is there any way to prevent gnus from appending %
> to whatever list pattern I give it?

Not without modifying the code.