* Re: message font-lock bug ?
       [not found] <85653wxp43.fsf@obelix.seki.fr>
@ 2004-11-23 21:00 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2004-11-23 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastien Kirche <sebastien.kirche.no@spam.free.fr.invalid> writes:

> I did not remarked exactly when did it occurred, but for a while
> highlighted text *like that* is displayed in bold face, but the "*"
> chars keep displayed.

This is a feature, hiding the asterisk character was confusing for Emacs
newbies when talking about buffers like *scratch* or *Group*.

You can customize `gnus-emphasis-alist' to get the old behavior back.

> I also just tried that /italic/ is no more italic.

Are you sure it worked before?  You need a font with italic support for
it to work.

> Maybe i could send a bug report ?

Don't.

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | It's in your reach.
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | Concentrate.

* Re: message font-lock bug ?
@ 2004-11-23 21:32   ` Sebastien Kirche
From: Sebastien Kirche @ 2004-11-23 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 23 nov 2004, Romain Francoise vraute :

> This is a feature, hiding the asterisk character was confusing for Emacs
> newbies when talking about buffers like *scratch* or *Group*.
>
> You can customize `gnus-emphasis-alist' to get the old behavior back.

Thank you for the pointer, i have fixed it :)

> > I also just tried that /italic/ is no more italic.
>
> Are you sure it worked before?  You need a font with italic support for
> it to work.

Mmh, i have to carefully check it. Maybe it still works on my OSX box.
I use to see more emphasized than italic...

Sébastien Kirche