* spam
@ 2005-10-22 12:07 jimmij
From: jimmij @ 2005-10-22 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why there is so much spam on gnu.emacs.gnus?
I don't know other group with such amount of spam messages...

jimmij
--
I come from the Land Of Imagination

* alt-tab? really? you're joking...
@ 2015-01-23  3:50 Hikaru Ichijyo
From: Hikaru Ichijyo @ 2015-01-23  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I've pretty much settled into Gnus now, to the point where everything
else feels silly, so I thought I'd start adding BBDB integration.

It seems that the key binding for name completion is M-TAB.  That's
just...amazing.  Really.  The fact that Emacs and BBDB come from a
UNIX-centric world doesn't begin to explain that, since MS-Windows is
not the only platform where that's used for windows switching.  It's
also true in WindowMaker (which I use), KDE, Gnome, and if I remember
correctly, CDE (which kills any idea that maybe they were only thinking
of commercial UNIX).

And the Info docs say that you can't rebind it.

I did find an example online of how you might rebind the key for
Wanderlust, but the example seemed fairly specific to Wanderlust.

What's the typical way Gnus users get around this these days?  Also, I
should note that I'm running BBDB 2.35 and not the new 3.x rewrite,
since the web site warns loudly that it's alpha alpha alpha!  (Should I
be running 3.x anyway?)

Really...even in the 1990's, in the days of HPUX/CDE workstations and
Motif X11 toolkits...Alt-Tab?  Really?  When was that ever a good idea
for an application key binding?

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent