* the stars in the group buffer.
@ 2018-09-11 12:33 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2018-09-11 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi

I forgot to ask this a long time ago: in my group buffer I see
*              0: nnimap+gmail:INBOX

What does the * mean and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: the stars in the group buffer.
@ 2018-09-11 17:06 ` Andy Moreton
From: Andy Moreton @ 2018-09-11 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue 11 Sep 2018, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I forgot to ask this a long time ago: in my group buffer I see
> *              0: nnimap+gmail:INBOX
>
> What does the * mean and how can I get rid of it?

This is described in the Gnus manual:

  (info "(gnus) Group Line Specification")

To get rid of it, either avoid marking articles, or customise the group
line format to remove the %M specifier.

    AndyM

* Re: the stars in the group buffer.
@ 2018-09-12 20:03 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2018-09-12 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I forgot to ask this a long time ago: in my
> group buffer I see
> *              0: nnimap+gmail:INBOX
>
> What does the * mean and how can I get rid
> of it?

Check out/compare the current
value/documentation for, then configure
`gnus-group-line-format'.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: the stars in the group buffer.
       [not found] <mailman.637.1536669585.1284.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2018-09-11 12:50 ` Rud1ger Sch1erz
From: Rud1ger Sch1erz @ 2018-09-11 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I forgot to ask this a long time ago: in my group buffer I see
> *              0: nnimap+gmail:INBOX
>
> What does the * mean and how can I get rid of it?

In that group are ticked articles. Mark those articles read or to be expired
to get rid of the *.

--
Cheers,
Rüdiger