* Re: smtpmail.el: auth work, starttls fail
       [not found] <8c53236b.0210101445.427ce62d@posting.google.com>
@ 2002-10-13  9:56 ` Wu XiaoGuang
From: Wu XiaoGuang @ 2002-10-13  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 Oct 2002 15:45:12 -0700, Wu XiaoGuang wrote:

> I use smtpmail-auth-credentials and smtpmail-starttls-credentials
> successfully in Mandrake Linux 8.2, GNU Emacs 21.1, but after I
> switch to Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody), GNU Emacs 21.2, I also
> download smtpmail.el and make patches which is told in the old
> archive of gnu.emacs.gnus, but fail.  It responses: echanism nil is
> not implemented.  Here is the *trace....* buffer:

> ,---- | 220 ESTMP
> | EHLO debian
> | 250-mx.linux.net.cn
> | 250-PIPELINING
> | 250-SIZE 10240000
> | 250-ETRN
> | 250-STARTTLS
> | 250 8BITMIME
> | QUIT
> | 221 Bye
> `----

> By the way, the smtpmail-auth-credentials works fine with the
> smtp.mail.yahoo.com, but along with smtpmail-starttls-credentials,
> it can't work at all(for another smtp which require startls).  I
> have update the starttls to version 0.9, but no effect.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=smtpmail.el+patch++group:gnu.emacs.gnus&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=864rdo69a1.fsf%40underlevel.net&rnum=1

> (I found the link above has the similar situation.)

> Thank you.

Anyone uses starttls function in woody to send mails?

In woody, even lynx-ssl should additionally download from non-US
directionary of some sites.

http://faith.yahoo.com

* Re: smtpmail.el: auth work, starttls fail
@ 2002-10-13 15:45   ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2002-10-13 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wu> Anyone uses starttls function in woody to send mails?

I use TLS for both incoming and outgoing mail.  But note that the
STARTTLS protocol command is issued by the server, so your question
doesn't make sense to me as you wrote it.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087