* Re: imap process not running
       [not found] <87ekqrrl64.fsf@caracolito.lan>
@ 2004-04-14 20:11 ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2004-04-14 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:57:55 +0200 Artem Baguinski wrote:

artm> i save messages i write in a nnimap folders, but now and then the
artm> connection to imap server is lost while i'm writing a message and all
artm> i get is "imap process not running" error and i can't figure how
artm> could i retry saving it.

I have the same problem here. I retreated to switch to the Group
buffer before sending any longer-written email, update (g), then go
back to the mail and send it...

A automatic reconnection would be nice.

Also when I forget th above procedure I either have to send the
message twice or don't get my Gccs...

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 185 bytes --]

* Re: IMAP Process Not Running
@ 2006-05-29 20:23                 ` Peter Cooper Jr.
From: Peter Cooper Jr. @ 2006-05-29 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> writes:
> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> It would be great if you could figure out which changes between 5.10.8
>> and No Gnus fixed this bug.  The wen could include these fixes in
>> 5.10.x as well.
>
> Yes, it would be very nice to know what changed and perhaps maybe if it
> were possible to back port the changes I could incorporate just that
> change instead of having to go into the CVS stuff.

I also have this "process IMAP not running" message after idling on
5.10.8, and was wondering if any progress had been made on which
changes were needed in order to fix this problem...

--
Peter C.

* Re: IMAP Process Not Running
@ 2006-05-07 23:29               ` Aaron Hsu
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2006-05-07 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Sat, May 06 2006, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>
>> Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> writes:
>>> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
> [...]
>>>
>>> Aaah, yes, that's what I thought. :-) I suppose it is time to update
>>> then.
>
> lisp/ChangeLog includes more that 4000 lines (bug fixes) between
> 5.10.6 (2004-01-04) and 5.10.8 (2006-04-11).  I think it's worth an
> update.

Hehe, *sigh* update it is then, I wonder when I will have the time to do
it? Should be pretty simple though, right? :-)

>>> Is there anywhere that I can verify the addition of this new
>>> feature? I kind of fear updating and upgrading lest I break
>>> something.
>>
>> I had the same problem with Gnus 5.10.8, so you'll probably have to
>> upgrade to No Gnus to fix it. I haven't had any problem with No Gnus
>> so far.
>
> It would be great if you could figure out which changes between 5.10.8
> and No Gnus fixed this bug.  The wen could include these fixes in
> 5.10.x as well.

Yes, it would be very nice to know what changed and perhaps maybe if it
were possible to back port the changes I could incorporate just that
change instead of having to go into the CVS stuff.

--
Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> Jabber: arcfide@xmpp.us
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

* Re: IMAP Process Not Running
@ 2006-05-06 12:10             ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-05-06 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 06 2006, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

> Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> writes:
>> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
[...]
>>> Between CVS Gnus (aka No Gnus) and Gnus 5.9 included in Emacs 21,
>>> there is Gnus 5.10.8 (Aaron's Gnus 5.10.6 missed 2 years of bug fixed
>>> compared to 5.10.8).
>>
>> Aaah, yes, that's what I thought. :-) I suppose it is time to update
>> then.

lisp/ChangeLog includes more that 4000 lines (bug fixes) between
5.10.6 (2004-01-04) and 5.10.8 (2006-04-11).  I think it's worth an
update.

>> Is there anywhere that I can verify the addition of this new
>> feature? I kind of fear updating and upgrading lest I break
>> something.
>
> I had the same problem with Gnus 5.10.8, so you'll probably have to
> upgrade to No Gnus to fix it. I haven't had any problem with No Gnus
> so far.

It would be great if you could figure out which changes between 5.10.8
and No Gnus fixed this bug.  The wen could include these fixes in
5.10.x as well.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: IMAP Process Not Running
@ 2006-05-06  9:33           ` Knut Anders Hatlen
From: Knut Anders Hatlen @ 2006-05-06  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-05-06  6:56         ` Aaron Hsu
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2006-05-06  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-05-05 18:59       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-05-05 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-05-05 13:59     ` gdt
From: gdt @ 2006-05-05 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Do you know if this behaviour is in the latest version of Gnus? I think
  I am one version behind. I have not bothered to update since I came back
  from a long trip.

The behavior I like is in No Gnus (CVS), so yes, it is..  I first
started using Gnus and IMAP a month or two ago, and had trouble with
the gnus included with released emacs, and switched to CVS Gnus.  I
have not had a reason to go back.

--
	Greg Troxel <gdt@work.lexort.com>

* Re: IMAP Process Not Running
@ 2006-05-05  1:53   ` Aaron Hsu
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2006-05-05  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-05-03 14:26 ` gdt
From: gdt @ 2006-05-03 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am running Gnus from CVS, and find that the IMAP session is closed,
but that it is reopened when necessary (e.g. when exiting an IMAP
group to put marks after being in it a very long time).
--
	Greg Troxel <gdt@work.lexort.com>

* IMAP Process Not Running
@ 2006-05-02 23:56 Aaron Hsu
From: Aaron Hsu @ 2006-05-02 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have Gnus configured to use my IMAP server as my main mail system. I
find that it works well in general, but there is one irksome problem.

If I sit too long reading some mail or some such, and try to enter one
of my IMAP groups by using SPC, then I receive a message that the IMAP
process is not running. I am using openssl encrypted IMAP.

Now, I can enter the group by using ENTER, and that works. However, I
like to have my messages saved when I send them, and I want them to be
saved to my IMAP server, where I can access them at some other
location. However, if I write a long email and too much time goes by,
then the message errors out when sending. The message itself is actually
sent, but the message is not saved to the IMAP server, and I am returned
to the message composition window. This leads me to trouble, because if
I try to use it again and start up the IMAP process, I end up sending
duplicate emails to people.

Is there a way for Gnus to automatically reconnect to my IMAP server
when attempting to do these operations?