* Re: trying to figure out \201ä
       [not found]       ` <1md6qmk1sc.fsf@Tempo.Update.UU.SE>
@ 2002-10-07 10:28         ` Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2002-10-07 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Frederik,

Fredrik Staxeng <fstx+u@update.uu.se> writes:

> Sorry, I missed something. \201 is not a printing characters in
> iso-8859. You want to tell Emacs what character set you are using,
> and you also need to make sure that the font Emacs is using contains
> those characters.

The problem isn't that I can't read the characters. The are displayed
correctly. The problem is that there is a \201 infront of the
characters is in \201Übersetzung. Normally german umlauts are
displayed correctly, but certain mails or posting (often written with
MS$) don't turn out right.

Any ideas?

Patrick
--
New Year's Resolution: I will not sphroxify gullible people into
looking up fictitious words in the dictionary.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-07 10:28 UTC | newest]