From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: prompts when moving articles etc
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:36:07 -0600	[thread overview]

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:20:41 +0100 stromme@math.uib.no (Stein Arild Strømme) wrote:

SAS> However, I may have screwed up something earlier that leaves traces
SAS> somewhere.  I have some groups with names like "nnimap:leikny",
SAS> created by me in gnus because of the inviting prompt "nnimap:", but I
SAS> don't know where they actually reside; I cannot find them on the imap
SAS> server if I use other mail clients (or from other computers).

Use `L' to see all groups.

SAS> Also, groups created by gnus like "nnimap+imap.uib.no:mail/amm" do
SAS> not show up in other mail clients until I also create a
SAS> corresponding folder in the other mail client.

There's no functionality AFAIK to auto-subscribe in the IMAP standard.
You need to subscribe to new IMAP folders no matter what the client is.
Gnus may have some functionality for this, actually, but most client
(e.g. Thunderbird) don't.

SAS> Is gnus/nnimap supposed to work in perfect harmony with occasional
SAS> use of other imap mail clients?  :-)

It does for me, between Thunderbird and Gnus.

SAS> This reminds me of another source of irritation (or rather, field of
SAS> incompetence on my part): I have several old, emptied and killed
SAS> (nnml) mail groups that I no longer use.  They still show up as
SAS> choices under tab completion (when applicable).  How do I get rid of
SAS> them for good?

C-k on a group will remove it completely from your .newsrc.eld file.
You may need `L' to see all the groups.

Ted