* nnir breaks my gnus
@ 2010-11-16 10:20 Paulo J. Matos
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2010-11-16 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I am using gnus 5.13 with emacs 23.1.1.
I tried using nnir to search an imap folder. Ever since I did that, when
I M-g the folder, gnus reads the folder shows that there is emails but
when I enter it, it marks all emails read and doesn't show up anything
(except those marked '!'). This is seriously annoying since it's marking
a bunch of emails read and I don't even get the chance to read them.

I also have absolutely no idea of what's wrong. I wonder if this is a
known problem. If it is not, can you please tip me on how to find a
possible solution?

Cheers,
--
PMatos

* Re: nnir breaks my gnus
@ 2010-11-16 11:27 ` Paulo J. Matos
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2010-11-16 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using gnus 5.13 with emacs 23.1.1.
> I tried using nnir to search an imap folder. Ever since I did that, when
> I M-g the folder, gnus reads the folder shows that there is emails but
> when I enter it, it marks all emails read and doesn't show up anything
> (except those marked '!'). This is seriously annoying since it's marking
> a bunch of emails read and I don't even get the chance to read them.
>
> I also have absolutely no idea of what's wrong. I wonder if this is a
> known problem. If it is not, can you please tip me on how to find a
> possible solution?

I have managed to take the *imap-log* buffer contents.

So, when I M-g the group I see unread messages (and I know there are some) and enter it:
http://pastebin.com/WCyxuACU

Inside the group I can only see my messages marked with '!'. Then I exit
the group:
http://pastebin.com/Nh6HYyQv

I am not sure this is an IMAP problem or a Gnus problem. Because Gnus
seems to know that the messages are there (it marks them read upon exit).

--
PMatos

* Re: nnir breaks my gnus
       [not found] <mailman.3.1289902856.30403.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2010-11-21  4:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-11-21  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> I tried using nnir to search an imap folder. Ever since I did that, when
> I M-g the folder, gnus reads the folder shows that there is emails but
> when I enter it, it marks all emails read and doesn't show up anything
> (except those marked '!'). This is seriously annoying since it's marking
> a bunch of emails read and I don't even get the chance to read them.

I don't know why this is happening, but for Emacs 24, the nnimap backend
has been completely rewritten, and nnir has been given an overhaul, too,
so presumably this isn't happening any more.