* gnus problems with archival
@ 2003-09-09 11:01 David N. Welton
From: David N. Welton @ 2003-09-09 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

[ Please CC replies to me - thankyou. ]

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnml "archive"))

I tried this, and it made a mess.  It created a bunch of nnml+archive
groups for *all* my groups, not just a sent-mail group like I wanted:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
        '((if (message-mail-p)
	      "sent-mail")))

I guess I'm kind of confused as to how to go about doing things at
this point, and don't really want to proceed for fear of causing
further strange things to happen.  I need to archive to an nnml group
though, because the sent-mail file nnfolder file was getting *huge*.

Thankyou for any help you can provide,
--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

* Re: gnus problems with archival
@ 2003-09-09 11:31 ` punkind
From: punkind @ 2003-09-09 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003, David N. Welton wrote:

> [ Please CC replies to me - thankyou. ]
>
> (setq gnus-message-archive-method
>       '(nnml "archive"))
>
> I tried this, and it made a mess.  It created a bunch of nnml+archive
> groups for *all* my groups, not just a sent-mail group like I wanted:
>
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>         '((if (message-mail-p)
> 	      "sent-mail")))
>
> I guess I'm kind of confused as to how to go about doing things at
> this point, and don't really want to proceed for fear of causing
> further strange things to happen.  I need to archive to an nnml group
> though, because the sent-mail file nnfolder file was getting *huge*.
>
> Thankyou for any help you can provide,

--
I know this because Tyler knows this.

* Re: gnus problems with archival
@ 2003-09-22 22:24 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-09-22 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> (setq gnus-message-archive-method
>       '(nnml "archive"))
>
> I tried this, and it made a mess.  It created a bunch of nnml+archive
> groups for *all* my groups, not just a sent-mail group like I wanted:
>
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>         '((if (message-mail-p)
> 	      "sent-mail")))

I think you want to go the archives to nnml:sent-mail, right?  So I
suggest to abstain from touching gnus-message-archive-method at all,
and just set gnus-message-archive-group to "nnml:sent-mail" instead
of "sent-mail".  That's what I do, and it makes me happy.

(I just ignore the superfluous nnarchive server that I get due to the
default setting for gnus-message-archive-method.)