On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:21:29 -0700 Michael R Wolf wrote: Michael> A few weeks ago, I requested help for *outbound* auto-create Michael> to balance the *inbound* auto-create. I find *outbound* to be Michael> much more useful. [I'm in a business development phase, and Michael> am sending new mail to an increasing number of new contacts.] Michael> I'm much more interested in capturing email addresses of Michael> people I spend time composing a message for than of folks Michael> whose message I happen to read, however casually. Of course, Michael> I love capturing inbound email addresses too, even if there Michael> are too many of them. The problem I found wasn't capturing Michael> too many inbound messages, rather capturing too few (i.e. Michael> zero) outbound messages. I started a piece of code, then Michael> iterated it with Benjamin Rutt to get the following solution. [...] Michael> How would I make a formal proposal regarding this? And who Michael> would I follow up with to make sure that it happened? [...code snipped...] I'd suggest make it a modification of bbdb [1] and send a patch against bbdb cvs to bbdb-info-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uti2KpX7p8Fi@public.gmane.org [1] That is, provide the function, some customization, and preferably documentation, too. Get it there, I'm sure people will like it and help with open issues. Greetings, Jochen -- FOM-Institute for Plasma Physics "Rijnhuizen" + Fritz-Haber-Institut der MPG Postbus 1207 Faradayweg 4-6 NL-3430 BE Nieuwegein D-14195 Berlin The Netherlands Germany phone: +31-30-6096756 +49-30-84135686 fax: +31-30-6031204 GnuPG key: CC1B0B4D