* placement of marked messages
@ 2003-05-03 15:28 David Magda
       [not found] ` <m3brykdkzc.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
From: David Magda @ 2003-05-03 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

How do I go about placing marked messages ('!') at the bottom of the
list of message in a newsgroup?

On some groups I've past two pages worth of stuff and it would be
less annoying if when I entered a group the unread/unmarked messages
were at the beginning.

Thanks for any info.

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/

* Re: placement of marked messages
       [not found] ` <m3brykdkzc.fsf@quimbies.gnus.org>
@ 2003-05-06 21:18   ` David Magda
From: David Magda @ 2003-05-06 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> David Magda <dmagda+netgroups@ee.ryerson.ca> writes:
>
> > How do I go about placing marked messages ('!') at the bottom of the
> > list of message in a newsgroup?
>
> Why not use `?' instead of `!'?  Then you won't see them unless
> somebody responds to them, or you type `/ w'.

Mostly because I refer to them every so often. I mark them for
reference so I don't have to go searching in Groups.Google.

Does `/ w' reveal the messages that are marked with `?' and that are
hidden?

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/