* Re: gnus-summary-line-format for outboxes
       [not found] <mailman.8149.1346868912.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2012-09-05 18:32 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-09-05 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Butler; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Leo Butler <l.butler@cmich.edu> writes:

> I am curious as to how one sets gnus-summary-line-format `corrrectly' for an
> email outbox? Is is really necessary create a user-defined function to
> fish the To field out of the header information?

No, I think Gnus will show the To header instead of the From header by
default now.  If the backend gives Gnus the required information, which
most of them do.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: gnus-summary-line-format for outboxes
@ 2012-09-05 21:12   ` Leo Butler
From: Leo Butler @ 2012-09-05 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Leo Butler <l.butler@cmich.edu> writes:
>
>> I am curious as to how one sets gnus-summary-line-format `corrrectly' for an
>> email outbox? Is is really necessary create a user-defined function to
>> fish the To field out of the header information?
>
> No, I think Gnus will show the To header instead of the From header by
> default now.  If the backend gives Gnus the required information, which
> most of them do.

Even with the tip of the master branch, Gnus was not showing the To
header. Adam's advice did work for me, though. Thanks, Leo.

* Re: gnus-summary-line-format for outboxes
@ 2012-09-05 21:06   ` Leo Butler
From: Leo Butler @ 2012-09-05 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 18:04:01 -0400, Leo wrote:
>
>> I am curious as to how one sets gnus-summary-line-format `corrrectly' for an
>> email outbox? Is is really necessary create a user-defined function to
>> fish the To field out of the header information?
>
> It often works out of the box, but if not you may need to adjust
> gnus-ignored-from-addresses:
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
> | gnus-ignored-from-addresses is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
> | Its value is
> | "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
> | Original value was
> | "asjo@koldfront\\.dk"
> |
> | Documentation:
> | *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
> | This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
> |
> | You can customize this variable.
> |
> | This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
> | version 21.1 of Emacs.
> |
> | [back]
> `----

Thanks, Adam, that did the trick.
Leo

* Re: gnus-summary-line-format for outboxes
@ 2012-09-05 18:33 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-09-05 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 18:04:01 -0400, Leo wrote:

> I am curious as to how one sets gnus-summary-line-format `corrrectly' for an
> email outbox? Is is really necessary create a user-defined function to
> fish the To field out of the header information?

It often works out of the box, but if not you may need to adjust
gnus-ignored-from-addresses:

,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
| gnus-ignored-from-addresses is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
| Its value is
| "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
| Original value was
| "asjo@koldfront\\.dk"
|
| Documentation:
| *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 21.1 of Emacs.
|
| [back]
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Hur långt man än har kommit                                 Adam Sjøgren
  är det alltid längre kvar"                             asjo@koldfront.dk

* gnus-summary-line-format for outboxes
@ 2012-09-04 22:04 Leo Butler