* More than one email acount @gnus
@ 2008-12-28 15:51 Diokletian
From: Diokletian @ 2008-12-28 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dear Folks,

I'd like to manage more than only one email account
with my Gnus-Emacs mail-client.

Have you an idea how I have to modify my .emacs file?

Thanks in advance,

Best,
--
D.

P.S.

A part of my present configuration:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; GNUS Mail POP
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

(setq nnmail-pop-password-required t)
(setq mail-sources '((pop :server "XX.XXX.XXX"
:user "XXXX@XX.XX"
:password "XXXXXX")))

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; GNUS Mail SMTP
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

(require 'sendmail)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-smtp-service 25)
(setq smtpmail-debug-info t)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "XXXXXX")

* Re: More than one email acount @gnus
@ 2008-12-29  7:37 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2008-12-29  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

<Diokletian@gmx.de> writes:

> I'd like to manage more than only one email account
> with my Gnus-Emacs mail-client.
>
> Have you an idea how I have to modify my .emacs file?

> P.S.

> A part of my present configuration:

> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> ;;; GNUS Mail POP
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

> (setq nnmail-pop-password-required t)
> (setq mail-sources '((pop :server "XX.XXX.XXX"
> :user "XXXX@XX.XX"
> :password "XXXXXX")))

Well looking over the docs it seems to me that this should work: ie just
slap your pop servers into the mail-sources list

 (setq mail-sources '(

 (pop :server "XX.XXX.XXX"
 :user "XXXX@XX.XX"
 :password "XXXXXX")

(pop :server "YY.YYY.YYY"
 :user "YYY@YY.YY"
 :password "YYYYYYYY")

(pop :server "ZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ"
 :user "ZZZ@ZZ.ZZ"
 :password "ZZZZZZZZ")  ))

I say "should work" because I've never had  a reason to try it :-)

As far as sending goes, you should be ok.

> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> ;;; GNUS Mail SMTP
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

> (require 'sendmail)
> (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq smtpmail-smtp-service 25)
> (setq smtpmail-debug-info t)
> (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "XXXXXX")

atb

Glyn

* Re: More than one email acount @gnus
@ 2009-01-07 13:13 ` Volkan YAZICI
From: Volkan YAZICI @ 2009-01-07 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Dec 28 2008, 5:51 pm, <Dioklet...@gmx.de> wrote:
> (require 'sendmail)
> (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq smtpmail-smtp-service 25)
> (setq smtpmail-debug-info t)
> (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "XXXXXX")

See www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleSMTPAccounts page.

Regards.