* Re: GNUS unplugged: Help me before I pull the plug!
       [not found] <87u1il276z.fsf@optushome.com.au>
@ 2002-11-13 11:36 ` Christian Lynbech
       [not found]   ` <84k7jhy945.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Christian Lynbech @ 2002-11-13 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>>>> "Alain" == Alain Picard <apicard@optushome.com.au> writes:

Alain> However, if I shut down emacs and restart it, and do
Alain> gnus-no-server, I am not shown that I am in unplugged
Alain> mode, and I do not see my downloaded articles.

I do not know `gnus-no-server', I have always just used `gnus-unplugged'.

I would not be surprised if the plugged functionality is not
necessarily active in all the different ways you can start gnus.

Christian Lynbech       | Ericsson Telebit, Skanderborgvej 232, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8938 5244    | email: christian.lynbech@ted.ericsson.se
Fax:   +45 8938 5101    | web:   www.ericsson.com
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)

* Re: GNUS unplugged: Help me before I pull the plug!
       [not found]           ` <844rajaxqx.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-11-15 12:03             ` Alain Picard
       [not found]               ` <84n0oa98no.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Alain Picard @ 2002-11-15 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Frank Gerhardt <Frank.Gerhardt@web.de> writes:
>
> > How can I check that the setting I made there survived a restart?
>
> Restart, then look again.
>
> Maybe there is a misunderstanding?  This was too obvious...

Well, in my case, I did "^", entered the agent in the server, hit "q".
Unplug gnus, exit Gnus, pull out network cable, do M-x gnus-unplugged.

Gnus still tries to contact the server.  Eventually times out; says
do you want to continue?  I say yes.

says it's
  Entered nntp:news into the Agent

which leads me to thinking it "forgot" about it somewhere in
the process.  This could be the cause of my problems.  :-)

Dunno how to fix that though...

* Re: GNUS unplugged: Help me before I pull the plug!
       [not found]                   ` <841y5lygau.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-11-16 18:54                     ` punkind
       [not found]                     ` <yqrn0o1fzwh.fsf@cs.york.ac.uk>
From: punkind @ 2002-11-16 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> /----
> |      {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
> |      {nntp:du} (opened) (agent)
> |      {nntp:dfn} (opened) (agent)
> |      {nntp:quimby} (opened) (agent)
> |      {nntp:gmane} (opened) (agent)
> |      {nnimap:dtm} (opened) (agent)
> |      {nnml:} (opened)
> \----
>
> See the `(agent)'?

that's just under oort, ain't it?

anyhow, i have a v5.9 which has only the mail group agentized, running
smoothly.

--
Tempt not a desperate man.

@ 2002-11-23 21:41                       ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-23 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kester Clegg <kester@cs.york.ac.uk> writes:

> How did you get slashdot to work?  I just get html changed warnings with
> v5.9 when I try and view articles...

I used it ages ago.  Maybe Alain knows?

But for using such things, it's probably better to use the most
recent Gnus from CVS, even though that has its own issues...

kai