* How To Change Background Color of Article?
@ 2006-02-15  0:58 Randy Yates
From: Randy Yates @ 2006-02-15  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I read a usenet news article, the background is a ghastly
white. How do I change the background color in this buffer?
--
%  Randy Yates                  % "The dreamer, the unwoken fool -
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  in dreams, no pain will kiss the brow..."

* Re: How To Change Background Color of Article?
@ 2006-02-15 16:22 ` Marko Lerota
From: Marko Lerota @ 2006-02-15 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> writes:

> When I read a usenet news article, the background is a ghastly
> white. How do I change the background color in this buffer?

M-x customize-face

--
One cannot sell the earth upon which the people walk
                               			Tacunka Witco

* Re: How To Change Background Color of Article?
@ 2006-02-15 18:34   ` Randy Yates
From: Randy Yates @ 2006-02-15 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marko Lerota <name.ln@domain.hr> writes:

> Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> writes:
>
>> When I read a usenet news article, the background is a ghastly
>> white. How do I change the background color in this buffer?
>
> M-x customize-face

Are you sure? The white background is present throughout the
buffer, even when the foreground colors of the text change
in various sections. It seems like there is some over-riding
background color being specified rather than face color(s).
--
%  Randy Yates                  % "Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  you still wander the fields of your

@ 2006-02-15 20:15     ` Marko Lerota
From: Marko Lerota @ 2006-02-15 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> writes:

> Are you sure? The white background is present throughout the
> buffer, even when the foreground colors of the text change
> in various sections. It seems like there is some over-riding
> background color being specified rather than face color(s).

Don't know, I have settings like this. I use jpg picture
for background. It's in the .Xdefaults file

XEmacs.default.attributeBackgroundPixmap: ~/.xemacs/bg.jpg

Don't know how to list all gnus and emacs variables.