* Re: gnus-parameters for topics
       [not found] <usmc3ul7v.fsf@cisco.com>
@ 2004-07-09  9:34 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-07-09  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

jpranav@cisco.com (Pranav K. Tiwari) writes:

> I believe gnus-parameters can be used with topics as well - as the info
> says.

Really?  Where?

(You can hit `G c' on a topic.  That stores the parameters in
~/.newsrc.eld instead of the variable gnus-parameters, but maybe it's
good enough.)

Kai

* Re: gnus-parameters for topics
@ 2004-07-23 11:49   ` Pranav K. Tiwari
From: Pranav K. Tiwari @ 2004-07-23 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> jpranav@cisco.com (Pranav K. Tiwari) writes:
>
>> I believe gnus-parameters can be used with topics as well - as the info
>> says.
>
> Really?  Where?
>
> (You can hit `G c' on a topic.  That stores the parameters in
> ~/.newsrc.eld instead of the variable gnus-parameters, but maybe it's
> good enough.)
>
> Kai

Well, you're right - info node "Topic Parameters" says the following:

,----
|    All groups in a topic will inherit group parameters from the parent
| (and ancestor) topic parameters.  All valid group parameters are valid
| topic parameters (*note Group Parameters::).
`----

I assumed "group parameters" was the same as 'group-parameters, but it's
clearly not so. It seems that group-parameter is just one way to configure
"group parameters" - and can't be used for topics.

-p

--
Pranav Tiwari.