* How to save the attachment?
@ 2014-09-21  2:08 Quanyang Liu
       [not found] ` <mailman.9376.1411380529.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Quanyang Liu @ 2014-09-21  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,

I have used gnus for several months, and I enjoy it. But sometimes I
meet a problem.

I can't save the attachment in an email.

I have read this article:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/MIME-Commands.html

And when I see this line in an email
    [2. application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet]...
I tried to type 2-K-o. Then it let me input the file name. So I type
test.xlsx. But it is confusing that the file test.xlsx is empty.

Could anyone know what should I do?

* [Problem solved]How to save the attachment?
@ 2014-09-22 10:06 ` Quanyang Liu
       [not found] ` <mailman.9376.1411380529.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Quanyang Liu @ 2014-09-22 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I have got it. The problem is that I use nnimap-fetch-partial-articles,
so that I can use 'A C' to get the whole article and the save the
attachment.

Relatived discuss is here:
  http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/82746

Thanks!

* Re: [Problem solved]How to save the attachment?
       [not found] ` <mailman.9376.1411380529.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-09-22 22:10   ` Emanuel Berg
       [not found]     ` <mailman.9413.1411435991.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-09-22 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:

> I have got it. The problem is that I use
> nnimap-fetch-partial-articles, so that I can use 'A
> C' to get the whole article and the save the
> attachment.
>
> Relatived discuss is here

Probably "Related discussion". (But your English is
good!)

> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/82746
>
> Thanks!

... to Gijs Hillenius, who said exactly that.

Hint: Don't change the Subject header unless the
discussion has turned into a new direction, and the old
header isn't indicative of what is discussed anymore.
There are many ways that clients sort messages, but one
is by subject. So if the subject remains the same, all
is well.

I'm happy you got it to work. Such a basic thing should
work, of course, otherwise it is an embarrassment to the
sport... :)

--
underground experts united

* Re: [Problem solved]How to save the attachment?
@ 2014-09-23  1:31     ` Quanyang Liu
       [not found]     ` <mailman.9413.1411435991.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Quanyang Liu @ 2014-09-23  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Sep 23 2014 at 06:10:32 +0800, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have got it. The problem is that I use
>> nnimap-fetch-partial-articles, so that I can use 'A
>> C' to get the whole article and the save the
>> attachment.
>>
>> Relatived discuss is here
>
> Probably "Related discussion". (But your English is
> good!)

Emmm...

>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/82746
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> ... to Gijs Hillenius, who said exactly that.
>
> Hint: Don't change the Subject header unless the
> discussion has turned into a new direction, and the old
> header isn't indicative of what is discussed anymore.
> There are many ways that clients sort messages, but one
> is by subject. So if the subject remains the same, all
> is well.

Oh, I see. I won't do that any more.

> I'm happy you got it to work. Such a basic thing should
> work, of course, otherwise it is an embarrassment to the
> sport... :)
Ahh, I do not need to use other clients any more, although the Gnus
would always block my Emacs...

@ 2014-09-23  1:39       ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-09-23  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:

>> Probably "Related discussion". (But your English is
>> good!)
>>
> Emmm...

No, I mean it. I write it because you unnecessarily
apologized in the other post. But just because someone
is good at something doesn't mean he or she will never
make a single mistake. On the contrary...

> Ahh, I do not need to use other clients any more,
> although the Gnus would always block my Emacs

Gnus is even better than Emacs :)

--

@ 2014-09-23 12:00         ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-09-23 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Gnus is even better than Emacs :)

:) :)
that's a good statement!

* Re: [Problem solved]How to save the attachment?
@ 2014-09-23 13:54         ` Quanyang Liu
From: Quanyang Liu @ 2014-09-23 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Sep 23 2014 at 09:39:27 +0800, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Probably "Related discussion". (But your English is
>>> good!)
>>>
>> Emmm...
>
> No, I mean it. I write it because you unnecessarily
> apologized in the other post. But just because someone
> is good at something doesn't mean he or she will never
> make a single mistake. On the contrary...

Haha...thanks. You are so kind.