* adaptive scoring questions?
@ 2005-11-13 11:16 leon
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: leon @ 2005-11-13 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

First of all, I'm happy that I finally find this great software 'GNUS',
it's unlike any other email clients I have used before such as evolution,
thunderbird and mutt. I'm surprised how well it handles news group. Now
I start reading news groups from many sources. I come to the point I
want gnus to handle scoring articles automatically. I start with some
articles in emacswiki for exmaple
"http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ScoreFile"

My group buffer looks like this
      [GNUS]
        [News]
        [Emails]

I want gnus to adaptively score groups in topic [News] but not in
[Emails]. Here is how I configure it. I move my cursor to topic [News]
and press 'G p' then I enter the following lines:

((score-file . "emacs.SCORE"))
(("from"
  ...)
 ("subject"
  ...)
 (adapt t))

However it makes no difference. I'm learning gnus so you detailed help
is valuable to me. Thanks.

--
Leon

* Re: adaptive scoring questions?
@ 2005-11-18 20:28 ` leon
From: leon @ 2005-11-18 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

leon <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear All,
>
> First of all, I'm happy that I finally find this great software 'GNUS',
> it's unlike any other email clients I have used before such as evolution,
> thunderbird and mutt. I'm surprised how well it handles news group. Now
> I start reading news groups from many sources. I come to the point I
> want gnus to handle scoring articles automatically. I start with some
> articles in emacswiki for exmaple
> "http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ScoreFile"
>
> My group buffer looks like this
>       [GNUS]
>         [News]
>         [Emails]
>
> I want gnus to adaptively score groups in topic [News] but not in
> [Emails]. Here is how I configure it. I move my cursor to topic [News]
> and press 'G p' then I enter the following lines:
>
> ((score-file . "emacs.SCORE"))
> (("from"
>   ...)
>  ("subject"
>   ...)
>  (adapt t))
>
> However it makes no difference. I'm learning gnus so you detailed help
> is valuable to me. Thanks.

Any ideas, please?

--

@ 2005-11-19 14:34 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-11-19 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 13 2005, leon wrote:

> I want gnus to adaptively score groups in topic [News] but not in
> [Emails]. Here is how I configure it. I move my cursor to topic [News]
> and press 'G p' then I enter the following lines:
>
> ((score-file . "emacs.SCORE"))

This should go to the score file, not into group parameters:

> (("from"
>   ...)
>  ("subject"
>   ...)
>  (adapt t))

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: adaptive scoring questions?
@ 2005-11-27 13:36 ` leon
From: leon @ 2005-11-27 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have learned how to use adaptive score. Thanks.
--