* gnus-registry-marks; Any chance to search or filter for?
@ 2020-06-24 12:04 physiculus
From: physiculus @ 2020-06-24 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnus

i want to search or filter with the registry-marks i set. Is this
possible? I couldn't find a function for that in the gnus documentation.

Regards
Poul

* Re: gnus-registry-marks; Any chance to search or filter for?
@ 2020-07-10 23:40 ` Michael Heerdegen
       [not found]   ` <87o8om9dew.fsf@googlemail.com>
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2020-07-10 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: physiculus; +Cc: gnus

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> i want to search or filter with the registry-marks i set. Is this
> possible? I couldn't find a function for that in the gnus documentation.

I think you have to do it by hand.  Something like this should give you
the registry-marked messages in the current group:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(delq nil
      (mapcar
       (lambda (id) (cdr (gnus-request-head id gnus-newsgroup-name)))
       (cl-loop for key being the hash-keys of
                (oref gnus-registry-db data)
                using (hash-values v)
                when (cdr (assoc 'mark v))
                collect key)))
#+end_src

I'm using something like this in an :around advice of
`gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function' to automatically include all
registry marked messages in group summaries (similarly to ticked).

Michael.

* Re: gnus-registry-marks; Any chance to search or filter for?
       [not found]     ` <87imet4m88.fsf@web.de>
@ 2020-07-13 17:52       ` physiculus
From: physiculus @ 2020-07-13 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: gnus

Thanks for this information!
Thats sad...
So i understand it correct, that is not clear, if it will be work in the
near future ?
Is there any other solution to tag mails in gnus?
With this i will be able, to filter for these tags or search for.

But i only have little hope after reading your infos ...

Regards
Poul

@ 2020-07-14 15:08         ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2020-07-14 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> So i understand it correct, that is not clear, if it will be work in
> the near future ?

I suggest to make a bug report, please.  It will definitely be cared
about, in some months or so at least.

Michael.

* Re: gnus-registry-marks; Any chance to search or filter for?
@ 2020-07-14 16:12           ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-07-14 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> So i understand it correct, that is not clear, if it will be work in
>> the near future ?
>
> I suggest to make a bug report, please.  It will definitely be cared
> about, in some months or so at least.

What I'm hoping is that nnselect will (at some point) go into master, at
which point I can put in the gnus-search library, and things like this
will become easier.