* Link fails to be open with gnus, not with claws-mail
@ 2014-03-11 13:54 Denis Bitouzé
From: Denis Bitouzé @ 2014-03-11 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

thanks to a friend of mine (for this, I'll hate him for the rest of my
life! ;), I'm in the process of migrating from claws-mail to gnus. The
former used to deal perfectly well with links in mails from Stack
Exchange (as the one forwarded below) as the following one, e.g.:

[producing embossed tactile graphics with Tikz for visually challenged
student](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162738/producing-emboss
ed-tactile-graphics-with-tikz-for-visually-challenged-student>)

but the latter (gnus) fails to open this link with the following error:

gnus-article-press-button: Wrong type argument: listp, #<marker at 485 in *Article nnimap+gmail:INBOX*>

The link above may be okay in gnus because I copied-pasted it but should
fail in the real original mail (as the one forwarded below).

Thanks for any hint.

Best regards.

From: "Stack Exchange" <do-not-reply-fj3CyHH5lWocCjA4wrVNJgC/G2K4zDHf@public.gmane.org>
Subject: TeX - LaTeX Weekly Newsletter - Tuesday, March 4, 2014
To: denis.bitouze-+dnS0V84//6utFfPrQvdYI7XoPQn/2jS@public.gmane.org
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 17:51:04 +0000 (6 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes ago)

***TeX - LaTeX Newsletter***

==================================
Top new questions this week:
==================================

[producing embossed tactile graphics with Tikz for visually challenged
student](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162738/producing-emboss
ed-tactile-graphics-with-tikz-for-visually-challenged-student>)

I work at disability services at a university and recently started
working with a completely visually challenged student in upper level
computer theory, automaton, and programming classes.

I  ...

- asked by user47010 (19 votes), answered by user47041 (4 votes)

----------------------------

[Can anyone draw a chiasma in
LaTeX?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162475/can-anyone-draw-a
-chiasma-in-latex>)

I am trying to draw a two curved lines that form a chiasmata. I am
imagining it would look like an 'X' that is composed of two CURVED lines
such that it is wider than it is tall.

I also want to  ...

- asked by Jeeves (15 votes), answered by Harish Kumar (25 votes)

----------------------------

[Is LaTeX intended for unattended
typesetting?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162489/is-latex-in
tended-for-unattended-typesetting>)

With markup converters like Pandoc it is now possible to generate LaTeX
documents without ever touching any LaTeX code.

However, obtaining aesthetic page breaks for slightly complex documents,
taking  ...

- asked by Serge Stroobandt (14 votes), answered by David Carlisle (15
votes)

----------------------------

[How can I create this game-tree in
Latex?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/163155/how-can-i-create-
this-game-tree-in-latex>)

I have the following figure:

As of now I create this in Word/Powerpoint and paste the screenshot in a
LaTeX file. Is there a way to create this natively? Also, what would be
the advantage of doing  ...

- asked by PhD (12 votes), answered by Gonzalo Medina (15 votes)

----------------------------

[Color Blind Friendly Mesh
Colormap](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162832/color-blind-fri
endly-mesh-colormap>)

I have a plot with a mesh and it uses a lovely colormap, however, I
can't find a way to make tikzpicture only use colorblind friendly
colors. I'm not colorblind, but I know at least some of the people  ...

- asked by sciencenewbie (12 votes)

----------------------------

[How can I hatch the areas delimited by two intersecting curves like
so?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162438/how-can-i-hatch-the-
areas-delimited-by-two-intersecting-curves-like-so>)

This is a follow-up to one of my earlier questions: Fill area between
curves.

I want to color three regions delimited by two curves and a vertical
line. Each should have its own shading and color.  ...

- asked by Chedly (12 votes), answered by Gonzalo Medina (10 votes)

----------------------------

[How to draw a sinewave in
Tikz?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162648/how-to-draw-a-sine
wave-in-tikz>)

I am an absolute newbie in LaTeX in general and Tikz in particular and
am in the process of exploring various aspects of the ecosystem. During
the course of looking Tikz related information I came  ...

- asked by Vaibhav Garg (11 votes), answered by Harish Kumar (17 votes)

==================================
Greatest hits from previous weeks:
==================================

[Why can't pdflatex print EPS
figures?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/383/why-cant-pdflatex-
print-eps-figures>)

The images in my paper are in EPS format. If I execute pdflatex to get a
PDF version of my paper, the figures won't appear. I have to typeset
using the latex command, and then convert the DVI file to  ...

- asked by Julian Lamas-Rodriguez (51 votes), answered by Joseph Wright
(43 votes)

----------------------------

[How to typeset subscript in usual text
mode?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1013/how-to-typeset-subsc
ript-in-usual-text-mode>)

It's easy to make subscripts in math mode: $a_i$.

How do I make a subscript outside math environment, likethis?

- asked by Pavel Shved (68 votes), answered by Stefan Kottwitz (54
votes)

==================================
Can you answer these?
==================================

[How can I preclude copying & pasting of
listings?](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/162620/how-can-i-prec
lude-copying-pasting-of-listings>)

When I include code snippets in my documents, my lazier readers, i.e.
students :), are often tempted to just copy and paste those snippets
instead of typing them themselves. However, there are risks  ...

- asked by Jubobs (4 votes)

----------------------------

[Convert sequence to
table](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/163077/convert-sequence-t
o-table>)

I'm trying to write a macro that converts a sequence to a table.

The following code works fine:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{expl3}
\begin{document}
\noindent
\ExplSyntaxOn
\seq_new:N  ...

- asked by hatsuyuki (5 votes)

----------------------------

[Reset pgfkey to default value in nested command
call](<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/163441/reset-pgfkey-to-def
ault-value-in-nested-command-call>)

I have created a new command whose argument can be a new call to the
same command. How can I then reset the values of the pgfkeys in the
nested call to their default values, so that they don't have  ...

- asked by Magnar Myrtveit (4 votes)

---
Subscribe to more Stack Exchange newsletters:
<http://stackexchange.com/newsletters>
---
Unsubscribe from this newsletter
<http://stackexchange.com/email/unsubscribe-newsletter/98466/1622021233?
code=611ae4fd270db574d74bf90469f076947a44063132eff6f9ea557f77dae00d01>
or change your email preferences by visiting your subscriptions page on
stackexchange.com
<http://stackexchange.com/users/1812962?tab=subscriptions>.
If you no longer want to receive mail from Stack Exchange, unsubscribe
from all stackexchange.com emails
<http://stackexchange.com/email/manage/171776/20a75e36fc6dfbb6ee8be3143e
930126773b5ee23084facc980c02b6437acbc3>.
Questions? Comments? Let us know on our feedback site at
<http://meta.stackoverflow.com>.
Stack Exchange, Inc. 110 William St, 28th Floor, NY NY 10038

* Re: Link fails to be open with gnus, not with claws-mail
@ 2014-03-13 17:26 ` W. Greenhouse
From: W. Greenhouse @ 2014-03-13 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Denis,

Denis Bitouzé <dbitouze@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> The link above may be okay in gnus because I copied-pasted it but should
> fail in the real original mail (as the one forwarded below).

The links in your original forwarded mail from stackexchange work fine
here (Gnus v5.13, GNU Emacs 24.3.1, slackware64 gnu/linux 14.1).  You
should be able to move between links with TAB/<backtab> and follow links
with RET.

What Gnus and Emacs are you using, on which platform?  What are the
values of the following variables?

mm-text-html-renderer
browse-url-browser-function

I am using `shr' as mm-text-html-renderer and I am using a
browse-url-browser-function that switches between firefox on a graphical
display and emacs/w3m on the console.  You can use M-x
customize-variable to read about predefined values for these variables.

--
Best,
WGG