* Ma Gnus 0.6: sometimes hangs
@ 2013-04-06 14:05 Felix Natter
From: Felix Natter @ 2013-04-06 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

hi,

ma gnus sometimes hangs, where the last message is:

"Reading active file from sent via nnfolder...done"
or
"pop3 retrieved 15KB (100%)"

(I waited several minutes)

Is that a known problem? I don't think it's dangerous (Gnus works after
a C-g), but can it be fixed?

I am using mgnus-0.6-201303311220.tar.gz.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter

* Re: Ma Gnus 0.6: sometimes hangs
@ 2013-04-06 20:09 ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2013-04-06 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Natter; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On Saturday, April 6, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:

> hi,
>
> ma gnus sometimes hangs, where the last message is:
>
> "Reading active file from sent via nnfolder...done"
> or
> "pop3 retrieved 15KB (100%)"
>
> (I waited several minutes)
>
> Is that a known problem? I don't think it's dangerous (Gnus works after
> a C-g), but can it be fixed?

I have the same problem on Ubuntu with gnus which comes with emacs 24 and I
don't even have to C-g as simply opening on group solves the problem.

Cheers,

Rainer

> I am using mgnus-0.6-201303311220.tar.gz.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> --
> Felix Natter

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax (F):       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: Ma Gnus 0.6: sometimes hangs
@ 2013-04-07 13:32   ` Felix Natter
From: Felix Natter @ 2013-04-07 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

hi Rainer,

> On Saturday, April 6, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:
>
>     hi,
>
>     ma gnus sometimes hangs, where the last message is:
>
>     "Reading active file from sent via nnfolder...done"
>     or
>     "pop3 retrieved 15KB (100%)"
>
>     (I waited several minutes)
>
>     Is that a known problem? I don't think it's dangerous (Gnus works after
>     a C-g), but can it be fixed?
>
> I have the same problem on Ubuntu with gnus which comes with emacs 24 and I don't even have to C-g as
> simply opening on group solves the problem.

What do you mean with "simply opening on group solves the problem"? In
my case Gnus isn't responsive (until I enter C-g) so I cannot open a
group in *Group*.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--

@ 2013-04-07 18:33     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2013-04-07 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Natter; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On Sunday, April 7, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:

> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to gmane.emacs.gnus.user as well.
>
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com <javascript:;>> writes:
>
> hi Rainer,
>
> > On Saturday, April 6, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:
> >
> >     hi,
> >
> >     ma gnus sometimes hangs, where the last message is:
> >
> >     "Reading active file from sent via nnfolder...done"
> >     or
> >     "pop3 retrieved 15KB (100%)"
> >
> >     (I waited several minutes)
> >
> >     Is that a known problem? I don't think it's dangerous (Gnus works
> after
> >     a C-g), but can it be fixed?
> >
> > I have the same problem on Ubuntu with gnus which comes with emacs 24
> and I don't even have to C-g as
> > simply opening on group solves the problem.
>
> What do you mean with "simply opening on group solves the problem"? In
> my case Gnus isn't responsive (until I enter C-g) so I cannot open a
> group in *Group*.

Sorry for Not being specific enough. In my case, it only seems to be
hanging, as the cursor still indicates busy, but emacs is responsive to the
keyboard. So opening the group via keyboard works, and the cursor returns
to the normal cursor.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Thanks and Best Regards,
> --
> Felix Natter

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax (F):       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

* Re: Ma Gnus 0.6: sometimes hangs
@ 2013-04-08 18:33       ` Felix Natter
From: Felix Natter @ 2013-04-08 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

hi Rainer, hi all,

> On Sunday, April 7, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:
>     > On Saturday, April 6, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:
>     >
>     >     hi,
>     >
>     >     ma gnus sometimes hangs, where the last message is:
>     >
>     >     "Reading active file from sent via nnfolder...done"
>     >     or
>     >     "pop3 retrieved 15KB (100%)"

> Sorry for Not being specific enough. In my case, it only seems to be hanging, as the cursor still
> indicates busy, but emacs is responsive to the keyboard. So opening the group via keyboard works, and
> the cursor returns to the normal cursor.

Then I seem to have a different problem... :-/

Can anyone else confirm this or has a solution?
Could upgrading to emacs24 help?

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter