From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Connecting to imap on a Microsoft Exchange server with gsasl
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 00:45:35 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:30:35 +0100, Lars wrote:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>> error: Server did not return expected SASL data (it must begin with '+ '):

> But perhaps this is something that nnimap could work around?  I'm not
> sure at all how gsasl works, and I don't have any servers to test
> with...

The thread continued on the sasl mailing list. I got some hints, and
tried some stuff (patching to ignore the plus), and tried to get
Thunderbird to do the auth (just to get an idea that it is possible);
without luck.

My conclusion was that the chops needed to get it working, if it is at
all is possible, are larger than, uh, mine.

In case anyone is interested, the thread is here:

 * http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gsasl/2012-09/threads.html

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I wouldn't even think about playing music if I was          Adam Sjøgren
  born in these times ..."                               asjo@koldfront.dk